The Sellers Guide to Sale by Negotiation
What does 'by negotiation' mean?
Selling by negotiation allows you to list your property for sale either:
- With an asking price – this attracts a targeted group of people looking to purchase a home in that price range
- "By negotiation" with no fixed asking figure – this has the potential to attract a wider range of customers who will make an offer based on their perception of the market value of your home.
Your salesperson can help you decide which of these methods would best suit you and your property.
Types of offers
There are two types of offers:
- Conditional - having one or more conditions to be met within a specified period (e.g. subject to a building inspection)
All offers will be drawn up by the salesperson on the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand Sale and Purchase agreement and presented to you for your consideration. This may be altered a few times until the conditions are agreed on by both parties.
Speak to your salesperson to find out more information on the sale process, including how a multi-offer situation works, deposits and settlement dates.
Listing Exclusively - why should I list my property exclusively with Barfoot & Thompson?
The salesperson of a sole agency is committed to marketing your property and will:
- Provide regular reports of buyer feedback.
- Provide regular information showing how your property compares with similar homes for sale in the area.
- Ensure your property is advertised on www.barfoot.co.nz, www.trademe.co.nz and www.realestate.co.nz at no charge with national and international exposure 7 days a week.
- Provide greater exposure to buyers. The Barfoot & Thompson brand is first in top of mind recall and first in buyer/seller preference (Research Solutions 2007).
- Your salesperson is backed by an established branch support structure that ensures you get exposure to the entire branch sales team.
- Your property is exposed to a wider group of buyers through the support and commitment from neighbouring Barfoot & Thompson branches.
- Every Barfoot & Thompson office is linked through a computerised property listing system so that every salesperson can offer your property to buyers throughout greater Auckland and Northland.