BUYERS PRICE GUIDE: Mid-High $1m's Range
EXQUISITE ENTERTAINER + FUTURE URBAN ZONE ON 4.18 ACRES
Set on 1.651 hectares (4.18 acres) in an elevated position on private, picturesque flat to gently contoured land with views across the countryside to Pukekohe and beyond, this charming single storey 180 square metre home, aptly named Yates Homestead, was originally built for the Yates family in the late 1800's, and while retaining the ambiance and grace of the era it has since been tastefully modernized to provide all of today's modern conveniences and lifestyle comforts.
Typical of that period's distinctive romantic architecture, steps lead up to a verandah and into the entry hall with three bedrooms (two opening via French doors onto side decks) positioned off the long hallway. Gleaming solid Kauri floors continue past a study, turning into the opulent formal lounge room resplendent with high, patterned ceiling, stunning chandelier and, of course, ceiling rose, along with lavish window dressings and traditional open fireplace - a magnificent venue for elegant entertaining. This luxurious area is complemented by a sophisticated intimate formal dining room and a powder room echoing the splendid décor with its own chandelier. The living area is excellent with a sun-drenched charismatic Rimu country kitchen and casual dining spilling onto fully decked, all-weather alfresco entertaining and open-air poolside recreation bordered by gorgeous established gardens and manicured lawns - an entertainer's dream venue! A large oven and five-burner stove team with stone benchtops, generous timber cabinetry, feature lighting and a plethora of windows with tranquil views in this impressive hub of the home. To the side of the kitchen a large family bathroom has both bath and shower plus W.C.
Outdoors the mega-large consented American barn incorporates 185 square metres of space with mezzanine floor, under-stair storage, laundry and bathroom - sometimes used for guest accommodation. There are also stables plus lunging ring and equine amenities. Oozing charm, this warm, welcoming home with space to spare, prestigiously positioned along a palm-lined driveway in a high-growth area with Future Urban Zoning and enviable recreational and entertaining facilities is just five minutes from Pukekohe town, next door to the Pukekohe Christian School, close to all other community amenities and eagerly awaiting your inspection.
* Prestigious picturesque high growth area - Future Urban Zoning
* Charming architectural streetscape. Kauri floors, high ceilings
* Elegant formal lounge/chandeliers, formal dining & powder room
* Entertainer's dream kitchen & adjoining undercover entertaining
* Open-air fenced garden-side pool with decking surrounds & bar
* 3 large light-filled bedrooms - 2 with French doors to side deck
* Large family bathroom/ bath & glass & tile shower. Private WC
* Quality window dressings, superb feature lighting. French doors
* Beautifully established lawns & gardens. Town water supply
* 185m2 barn with bathroom, laundry, mezzanine & storage
* Land fenced into 2 paddocks. 3 horse stables plus lunging ring
* 5 mins to Pukekohe town. 40 mins to Auckland 1 hr. to Hamilton
* Next door to Pukekohe Christian School which is Decile 9 & teaches the Cambridge Curriculum from Year 1 to Year 13
* Close to public facilities