Terms & Conditions - Check in & Win 2020
Mobile Site Check In
The “Barfoot & Thompson Check In & Win” is a platform that offers those attending selected Barfoot & Thompson sponsored events the ability to submit entries for prize draws. These are limited to those listed on the Barfoot & Thompson mobile event site. Prizes include the grand prize draw (a chance to win the rent or mortgage of their primary place of residence at the date of entry paid for no more than 12 months up to the value of NZD$40,000), reward draws, and spot prize draws. You can attend as many of these Events as you like and gain one entry per event, by following the entry instructions.
Terms & conditions of entry
- The Promotion starts at 6:00am on Friday January 31st 2020 and ends at 11.00pm on Thursday December 17th 2020 (Promotional Period).
- The promoter is Barfoot & Thompson Limited.
- All competition entrants must adhere to all terms and conditions.
- There is no limit to the number of applicable Events you attend.
- Entries require Event attendees to either have or purchased a ticket to the Event or in some cases provide other verifiable proof of event attendance as defined by Barfoot & Thompson. Events included in this promotion are specifically limited to those listed on the Barfoot & Thompson Mobile Site.
- Barfoot & Thompson reserves the right to refuse any competition entry where it believes a breach of these terms and conditions, or a breach of the terms and conditions of any related third party, has taken place.
- To be eligible for entry, entrants must enter the competition by following the entry instructions related to each event in the event tab on the mobile site. These may include, but are not limited to, uploading the requested image to the Barfoot & Thompson Mobile Site, completing contact information fields, and agreeing to terms and conditions.
- Entrants must only enter once per event attended. Multiple entries from a single event will be disqualified.
- Entry methods for each event may vary and Barfoot & Thompson will outline the entry requirements for each event on the event page tab on the mobile site and in the competition rules.
- Standard sms text charges may apply and will depend on the entrant’s particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider.
- Event, venue and ticketing terms and conditions for each event will also apply.
- Participating and/or accepting any prize constitutes the winner's consent to Barfoot & Thompson to using their name, city/town of residence, competition entry and/or photographs or videos for competition or publicity purposes without compensation and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. This includes the right to use on the Promoters’ websites, Facebook pages and other publications of the Promoter.
- Barfoot & Thompson also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these terms and conditions, the terms and conditions of any third party related to this competition or who won by using fraudulent means.
- Barfoot & Thompson reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the competition. If we amend these terms and conditions, we will post the revised version on this site with an updated revision date. If we make material changes to these terms and conditions, including if we cancel the competition or amend the prizes, we will post a prominent notice on the sponsorship website page.
- Barfoot & Thompson reserves the right to use the personal details provided to make contact with you at or after the event for the purpose of awarding prizes. These details will not be passed on to any third party.
- Barfoot & Thompson is not responsible or liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries or for any problems or technical malfunction which may result in delay or failure to enter into the draw.
- All entries to the competition become the property of Barfoot & Thompson and will not be returned to the entrants.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Barfoot & Thompson will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning a prize.
- The decisions of Barfoot & Thompson on all matters relating to this competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All grand prizes, spot prizes, or rewards draws will be awarded by a designated representative of Barfoot & Thompson.
- Barfoot & Thompson reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner's right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by law, Barfoot & Thompson excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition including any tax liability the winner may incur as a result of participation.
- If you change mobile number during the Competition Period, you may lose the data and entries already stored on the Barfoot & Thompson Mobile Site.
Entrance in the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Grand prizes, rewards, and spot prizes are non-transferable and may not be sold or redeemed for cash. Prizes are subject to availability.
If a winner is unable to claim the grand prize, spot prize or reward for any reason they must contact Barfoot & Thompson within two (2) working days after initial notification of award.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact grand prize or spot or reward winners using the details provided in their registration via email and/or phone number. The grand prize winner will be for a period of two (2) working days following the draw; reward winners will have 24 hours to respond and spot prizes within 30 minutes. Should these attempts fail, or the winner is unable to redeem the prize in accordance with the terms and conditions, another winner will be drawn or selected in his or her place without liability to Barfoot & Thompson or any other person.
- The Promoter will pay the winner the value of the winner’s rent or mortgage at the date of entry on their current primary place of residence for 12 months, up to the value of NZD$40,000.
- The final value of the Prize will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion using the evidence and information requested and provided by the Prize winner. The value of the Prize is final once determined and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To claim the Prize, the Prize winners must provide the Promoter with all evidence and information requested, including confirmation of their identity, eligibility and evidence of their current rent or mortgage payments, to the satisfaction of the Promoter. If this information is not satisfactory or not promptly provided when requested, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the Prize winner and the Prize winner will forfeit the Prize.
- The Promoter will arrange for payment of the Prize directly with the winner, the method, date and frequency of payment to be determined by the Prompter in its absolute discretion.
- The Prize Winner is solely responsible for providing correct payment instructions and account details.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any failure or delay in delivering the Prize but will provide all reasonable assistance in cases where the Prize is not received by the Prize winner.
- The Promoter will not be liable to any person in any way for any value in excess of the Prize, including any ancillary charges or payment associated with the winner’s rent or mortgage. The Promoter accepts no liability in relation to any repayment obligations due to third parties by the winner.
- The grand prize winner will be selected via a random draw of all valid entries made during the competition period. The Promoter will randomly select five (5) finalists from all entries which will be checked against all entry rules and terms and conditions before selecting the grand prize winner from the 5 verified entries. The winner will be contacted by phone and/or email. The determination of the winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- After the random draw is made, all entries will be checked against entry rules and requirements for every event. Any entry that does not comply will lead to a redraw.
- The grand prize draw is open to New Zealand residents only and when redeemed must be aged 18 years and over or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- The prize is non transferable, not redeemable for cash, cannot be separated or split into components and cannot be on-sold.
- All employees of Barfoot & Thompson, its agents, contractors, consultants, or their immediate families (including de facto spouses) and flatmates or other persons assisting with this competition are not eligible for entry to this draw. ‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- Barfoot & Thompson reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating at its sole discretion.
- All valid entries received by 11.00pm on 17 December 2020 will be eligible for the grand prize draw.
- Barfoot & Thompson will draw spot prize winners based on a random selection of those in physical attendance at any given event, or any other chance-based method it chooses at its sole discretion.
- Spot prize draw timing, location and prizes will be determined by Barfoot & Thompson at its sole discretion and notice of these details will be posted on the mobile site event tab.
- Barfoot & Thompson reserves the right to redraw spot prizes if a winner leaves the venue and is not present to collect a given prize.
- Employees of Barfoot & Thompson, its agents, contractors, or consultants are not eligible for entry into spot prize draws.
- Spot prizes may include event ticket, merchandise or food and beverage vouchers.