Why auction your home with us?
Not only is Barfoot & Thompson Auckland’s largest real estate company, but it is also Auckland’s leading auction house – holding more auctions than any other real estate company.
Dedicated in-house auction team
We have a team of eight auctioneers that do auctions – and only auctions. They're not part-time sales people or managers.
That means when you sell your house through a Barfoot & Thompson auction, you've got the most dedicated and experienced team possible working for you.
State-of-the-art auction room
Our custom-built auction room on Shortland Street in Auckland's CBD has everything you need to sell your home. The room seats 110 people and uses state-of-the-art technology to showcase your home and manage your sale efficiently.
Wide range of local auction venues
To make getting to an auction easy, we also hold auctions at a number of different locations across Auckland and Northland.
- Northland: Whangarei Barfoot & Thompson Branch Office
- North Shore: The Promenade in Takapuna and Fairway Lodge in Wairau Valley
- Auckland City: Barfoot & Thompson Support Centre, 34 Shortland Street, Auckland
- Pukekohe: Barfoot & Thompson, 66 King Street, Pukekohe
- Whangarei: Barfoot & Thompson, 66 Cameron Street, Whangarei
- Kerikeri: 33 Kerikeri Road, Kerikeri
- South Auckland - Highbrook South Auckland, Ground Floor, Building 5, 60 Highbrook Drive (cnr Highbrook Drive and Business Park Parade South)
We sometimes hold auctions at number of other venues. Check out our auction venues page for more information
If you'd prefer a familiar environment, you can also choose to sell your place, from your place. Our auctioneers call many auctions onsite. It's your choice.
Our auctions are true auctions
Barfoot & Thompson guarantee that our auctioneers never make bids on behalf of vendors, accept bids they believe to be made on behalf of vendors, or knowingly accept any bid that is not genuine. It doesn't matter what you call them, they aren't real bids, which is why we do not allow that practice at Barfoot & Thompson.