Barfoot & Thompson COVID-19 Policy
We remain committed to providing our clients with the best service possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have comprehensive COVID-19 Protection Framework & Business Function Controls that will enable us to continue to operate effectively while keeping our clients and people safe.
Our priority is the safety and well-being of our people, clients, family, friends and communities. We know that many of our vendors, potential buyers, landlords and tenants may have questions and we want to assure them we are prepared and performing well.
New Zealand is now operating under the Orange settings of the traffic lights (COVID-19 Protection Framework) system to protect Aotearoa New Zealand, while allowing people with My Vaccine Pass more freedoms. However, those that are not vaccinated are not excluded from the real estate process. For updated information on the current traffic light settings regarding real estate, please visit these pages, REA Orange and REINZ Orange.
Red CPF Setting
The following services are available and will observe the recommended Ministry of Health, WorkSafe, REA RED and REINZ RED guidelines related to registering attendees for contact tracing, physical distancing measures, hygiene practices and contactless services where possible:
- Our branches are open for essential services
- Barfoot & Thompson staff continue to be available to assist customers, with many still working and contactable remotely
- Property appraisals, viewings, and contract signings can all be conducted in person or digitally. If the following controls are applied:
- All staff, vendors and tenants to meet the government's health requirements.
- Maintain 1 metre physical distancing at all times
- Record-keeping / Qr code scanning required
- Face coverings are mandatory for all 12 years and older for the duration of time on the property
- Follow hygiene protocols.
- Open homes or private viewings by appointment are permitted upon agreement with our vendors.
- With my My Vaccine Pass
- If the property owner or real estate agent chooses to follow My Vaccine Pass requirements, only people with My Vaccine Pass are allowed to be there. Children under the age of 12 years and 3 months do not need to provide a My Vaccine Pass to enter places with a vaccination requirement.
- Without My Vaccine Pass
- If the property owner or real estate agent chooses not to follow My Vaccine Pass requirements, there can be up to 25 people based on 1-metre physical distancing in a single defined space at the property at any time. They can be a mix of people with and without My Vaccine Pass.
- Auctions can be held in-room and on-site with live streaming and bidding also available online - find out more here
- Auctions in our venues or branches are considered events according to the government's Covid-19 Protection framework and therefore we can only conduct auctions if we use the government's CVC system which means anyone attending an auction will need to present a valid Covid-19 Vaccination Pass
- Onsite auctions are considered gatherings according to the government's Covid-19 Protection Framework and can take place with or without using the CVC system. Note that certain limits apply under each CPF setting
- Rental property inspections will be carried out where appropriate
- Pre-settlement inspections can take place.
The following third party services can also be undertaken:
- Property valuations
- Professional photography and videography
- Home staging
- Moving services.
Orange CPF Setting
- All our branches and our Support Centre are open to the public under the Covid-19 Protection Red, Orange and green settings. Staff and members of the public are required to meet the government's health requirements before entering a branch or office. Anyone entering our branches or Support Center will be required to scan the government QR code at the entrance or sign in at reception and wear a face covering for the duration of time inside our branch or Support centre if aged 12 years or older.
- Open Homes/ Viewings can take place. Our vendors and landlords, after consultation with our salespeople, can choose if they want to run an open home/viewings with or without the requirement of vaccine passes (the CVC system). Different limits apply under each option.
- Private viewings can take place by appointment only and with the written consent of the client and property occupants/tenants. There can only be one private viewing at a time. Appraisals, viewings, and contract signings can all be conducted digitally.
- Auctions in our venues or branches are considered events according to the government's Covid-19 Protection framework and therefore we can only conduct auctions if we use the government's CVC system which means anyone attending an auction will need to present a valid Covid-19 Vaccination Pass. More information is available here.
- We still have online and telephone bidding options available for all our auctions.
- Onsite auctions are considered gatherings according to the government's Covid-19 Protection Framework and can take place with or without using the CVC system. Note that certain limits apply under each CPF (Covid-19 Protection Framework) setting.
- Routine rental inspections can continue under the current Orange setting until further notice.
- Pre-settlement inspections and valuations can take place. Everyone aged 12 and over must wear a mask for the duration of any private viewing.
The following third party services can also be undertaken, if necessary, and the owners/tenants must depart and agree to their entry:
- Professional photography and videography
- Home staging and landscapers
- Moving services within the Auckland region.
For your safety, services performed in person at all Covid-19 Protection Framework Traffic Light settings will observe the recommended Ministry of Health, WorkSafe, REA and REINZ guidelines related to social distancing, hygiene and contact tracing.
Do not hesitate to contact your salesperson or property manager if you have further enquiries.
For more information on the pandemic, please visit covid.govt.nz